- We work with local stakeholders to provide expert and legal support to document and speak about issues of concerns relating to the environmental impact of proposed developments and changes to existing land use of areas in our region of activity.
- This advocacy also includes aiding, linking, and partnering with municipalities and the private sector to work together on land use resources; bridging land use re-purposing initiatives, brownfield cleanup, and promoting of sites for vital investment in the community.
- We have begun building and maintaining an open-source data platform, created through the consolidation of existing available historical and current data with our proprietary data. This platform enables this data to be utilized by towns, planners, and community groups helping communities make smart land use decisions that are proactive (i.e., identifying issues of land development before they arise) versus reactive (requiring later action to remediate and restore land).
- Establishing and providing a platform for regional stakeholders to share their experience in land
- Outreach, in the forms of meetings, roundtables, and forums to further the discussion of land use
- Working to build a common vocabulary and framework for discussion of land use in the region.
Educating stakeholders about the connections between land use and climate, helping find ways
that proper land use (whether through zoning, planning, or development) can mitigate climate
change, and restore our environment and communities.
- Spring – Outreach meeting with regional stakeholders and administrators
- Early Summer – WaterInsight workshop and volunteer drive
- Late Fall – Official opening of the Town – Rural Exchange (T-ReX) Center and NYenvironcom satellite office
- TBD – Waterwalk 2021 and annual DRA Shinding
- Ongoing monitoring of developments and providing response and expert analysis
- Publication of Summer report cards on projects of interest
- Expansion of WaterInsight and TerraINscape
- Database development
- Continued development of school recycling and CSR programs, pending covid situation
- 1st Annual NYenvironcom Waterwalk
- 2nd Annual Deerpark Rural Alliance Summer Shindig
- Release of the NYenvironcom axiom statement
- Development of the Environcred rating system
- Final development of the New York regional school waste reduction project (Ulster, Sullivan, and Orange counties), initial development of CSR program
- Roll out of active water monitoring program in the Basha Kill region
- Roll out of mapping program of area natural resources
- 1st Annual Deerpark Rural Alliance Summer Shindig
- Establish our advocacy platform for land use. Develop a framework to define and advocate for re-urbanization, re-ruralization, and de-surbanization
- Begin development of annual recycling best practices educational platform/event to promote awareness and increase performance in recycling and solid waste management in the NY region
- Begin development of annual sustainability-focused Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program for regional industry to help them in building a sustainable culture in their enterprises